- MFA in Printmaking, Illinois State University, 2016.
- Summer Workshop in Plate Lithography, Tamarind Institute, 2013.
- BFA in Digital Art & Photography, University of Minnesota Duluth, 2010.
Minor: Printmaking; Art & Design Departmental Honors
Grants & Research
- Fred and Lois Mills Grant; Illinois State University; 2014
"International Professional Practice"
- Friends of the Arts; Illinois State University; 2014
"Touching the Work: MFA Thesis Exhibition Support"
- School of Fine Arts and College of Visual Arts; Illinois State University; 2014
Career development grants toward Skopelos Foundation for the Arts Residency
- Friends of the Arts; Illinois State University; 2013
"Historic & Contemporary Stone Photolithography"
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities (UROP); University of Minnesota Duluth; Spring 2010
“Visual and Tactile Voices in Material and Mark-Making”
- Print Council of Australia; Fitzroy, VIC Australia
- State Library of Victoria; Melbourne, VIC Australia
- Manly Library Artist Book Collection; Manly, NSW Australia
- Queensland College of Art; Brisbane, QLD Australia
- City of Yarra; Fitzroy, VIC Australia
- El Minia University; El Minia, Egypt
- Skopelos Foundation for the Arts; Skopelos, Greece
- Limerick School of Art & Design; Limerick, Ireland
- Illinois State University; Normal, IL
- Kendall College of Art & Design; Grand Rapids, MI
- University of Minnesota Duluth; Duluth, MN
- Latent Library: Murray Bridge Branch – Murray Bridge Regional Gallery, SA Australia; Upcoming 2020
- Marked Resemblances; ArtWorld Studio Gallery – Norman Park, QLD Australia; 2017
- We Could Linger; Illinois State University Transpace Gallery – Normal, IL; April 2015
- Featured Visual Artist; Twin Ports Gallery Progressive, Venue 2104 – Duluth, MN; April 2012
- Thereof & Thereby; Tweed Museum of Art – Duluth, MN; April 2010
Printmaking, Photography, Installation
- Mixed Confus’dly; Tweed Museum of Art – Duluth, MN; 2009.
Video installation [collaborative]: “reality television” culture critique.
- While Here; Impress Printmakers' Co-op & Gallery - Brisbane, QLD Australia; 2014.
With Claudia Husband
- Tie, Tether, Tangle; Impress Printmakers Co-op & Gallery – Kedron, QLD Australia; 2020.
- 44th Rio Tinto Martin Hanson Memorial Awards; Gladstone Regional Art Gallery – Gladstone, QLD Australia; 2019.
- Burnie Print Prize 2019; Burnie Regional Art Gallery; Burnie, TAS Australia; 2019.
- Rivers of Gold International Print Portfolio & Exchange 2017-2020
- The Post Office Gallery; Ballarat, VIC AUS; 2020 (Upcoming).
- La Trobe University; VIC AUS; 2020 (Upcoming).
- Lakes District Museum and Gallery; Arrowtown, NZ; 2019 (Upcoming).
- Aberystwyth Arts Centre; Wales, UK; 2019.
- Queensland College of Art, Project Gallery; Brisbane, QLD AUS; 2018.
- IMPACT10 – ENCUENTRO; Santander, Spain; 2018.
- Art at Wharepuke; Kerikeri, NZ; 2018.
- Gympie Regional Gallery; Gympie, QLD AUS
- A Practice in Permanence; McLean County Arts Center - Bloomington, IL; 2018.
- 2017 Manly Library Artist’s Book Award; Manly Library - Manly, NSW Australia; 2017.
Artwork "Latent Library — Manly Branch" acquired for the permanent collection.
- Inflection; Center for Fine Print Research, UWE Bristol - Bristol, UK; 2016
Curated by Dr. Tim Mosely, Queensland College of Art - Griffith Center for Creative Arts Research
- Impressions 9; Impress Printmakers' Co-op & Gallery - Brisbane, QLD Australia; 2015
- Drawn on Stone; Northern Prints Gallery - Duluth, MN 2015
- Nine-Zero-One; Front Room Gallery - Williamsburg, NY, 2015
- MFA Biennial; Illinois State University Galleries - Normal, IL 2015
- Envisioning Poetry; Milner Library - Normal, IL 2015
- Student Annual; Illinois State University Galleries - Normal, IL 2014
- The Un-Miniature Show; Northern Prints Gallery - Duluth, MN 2013
- Compassion Art Festival; Cometogether Space - Bloomington, IL 2013
- Student Annual; Illinois State University Galleries - Normal, IL 2013
Normal Editions Workshop Best Graduate Print Award
- PrintED: HERE; Portfolio Exchange; Limerick School of Art & Design - Limerick, Ireland 2013
- Black & White Expo; Juried International; Infinity Art Gallery - Online Exhibition 2013
- Printmaking Graduates: Recent Work; ISU Gallery 129 - Normal, IL 2013
- MFA Biennial; ISU University Galleries; Normal, IL 2013
- Bound Together; ISU Transpace Gallery; Normal, IL 2012
- Swimtime Gallery Show; Cometogetherspace; Bloomington, IL 2012
- Incoming Graduate Show; ISU Transpace Gallery; Normal, IL 2012
- Living Crucibles: Essay in Heat; Prøve Gallery; Duluth, MN 2012
- Strange Objects; Prøve Gallery; Duluth, MN 2012
- Tiny Art; Prøve Gallery; Duluth, MN 2012
- Stand Out Prints 2012; Highpoint Center for Printmaking; Minneapolis, MN 2012
- Selections from “Twenty: Highpoint’s 20th Co-op Exhibition”; Winona Art Center; Winona, MN 2012
- Inaugural 40 Under 40; Orville J. Hanchey Gallery – Northwestern State University; Natchitoches, LA January 2012
- Monster Drawing Rally 4: Live Drawing Annual Fundraiser
Midway Contemporary Art – Minneapolis, MN December 2011
- Twenty: Highpoint’s 20th Cooperative Exhibition
Highpoint Center for Printmaking – Minneapolis, MN December 2011
- Hot off the Press: 19th Cooperative Exhibition
Highpoint Center for Printmaking – Minneapolis, MN; July 2011
- North of the 45th; DeVos Art Museum – Marquette, MI; June 2010
North Midwest Regional Annual
- Fresh, New, and True; Duluth Art Institute; March 17 – May 14, 2010
Emerging Artist Biennial
- American Print 2009: Influence Someone; Foothills Art Center – Golden, CO; 2009.
Political prints: satire, statement, and social commentary.
- Turkish/American Projects; Tweed Museum of Art – Duluth, MN; 2007
- UMD Annual Student Exhibition; Tweed Museum of Art – Duluth, MN; 2007 & 2010.
Direction & Curation
- I make circles You make circles; curated with Sam Buchanan; Illinois State University Transpace Gallery – Normal, Il; 2015
- Force of the North; Tweed Museum of Art (Advanced Internship) – Duluth, MN; 2009
Directed first-session interns in developing & presenting an exhibition.
- Portfolio Catalogue "Rivers of Gold: An Art-Science Collaborative Project" (PDF)
- Portfolio Catalogue “A Community of Printmakers – A Gift Portfolio Honoring James D. Butler” 2012 (Lithograph “For Every Treadle its Rest”)
- Photographer’s Forum Best of College Photography: 2006 F, 2007 S&F, 2008 S.
- UMD Literary Guild Roaring Muse: 2009 (Etching “City of Sleep”).
- “UMD Printmakers make their mark in Colorado”
UMD Statesman; 2/18/09 by Jami Reinhart
- Full Graduate Assistantship & Tuition Waiver; Illinois State University
- Departmental Honors; UMD Department of Art & Design
- Elizabeth Stein Scholarship in Printmaking; Illinois State University; 2013
- Normal Editions Workshop Outstanding Graduate Scholarship; 2013, 2014
- Work-Study Scholarship; Penland School of Fine Craft; Summer 2011
- Mortar Board National College Honor Society
- Isaac and Rose Gershgol Scholarship; 2008–2009, 2009–2010 (received twice).
UMD Fine Arts Merit Award
- Raymond C. Darland Art Scholarship; 2008–2009, 2009–2010 (received twice).
UMD Faculty-Nominated Merit Award
- Skomars Family Photography Scholarship; 2009–2010.
UMD Photography Department Merit Award
- Brisbane Institute of Art; Instructor (Contemporary Printmaking); June 2016–Present
- Queensland College of Art (Griffith University); Printmaking Tutor; March 2016–Present
- Illinois State University; MFA Graduate Assistant (with tuition waiver); August 2012–May 2015
- Highpoint Center for Printmaking; Studio Intern; January 2012–June 2012
- Highpoint Center for Printmaking; Working Co-op Member; February 2011–January 2012
- Litwin Books, LLC; Book Design/Layout; February 2011–Present
- Tweed Museum of Art; Documentation/Event Photographer; November 2009–February 2011
- Duluth Art Institute; Artist Nexus Critique Facilitator; November 2009–Present
- University of Minnesota Duluth Printmaking Studio; Shop Technician; 2008–May 2010
- Art & Design Department; Peer Advisor; Fall 2009–Spring 2010
- Arrowhead Regional Arts Council; Student Term Board Member; Fall 2009–June 2011
- Tweed Museum of Art; Internship; Fall 2008 and Spring 2009 (TA)
- The Potter’s Shed; Glazing & Kiln Attendant; 2006 – 2008
Artist Assistance & Consult
- Saša Kološnjaj (Mixed-media): Exhibition consulting and support; “Reality, a Dialogue”; 2009–2011
- Cecilia Ramón (Sculptor, Painter): Printmaking & book arts consultation/instruction
Minnesota Center for Book Arts Fellowship Project “Yo No Soy Yo”; 2010.
- Cecilia Lieder (Printmaker): Separation keying & printing
Large-scale relief “Reservoir”; 2010.